1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
Congratulations on choosing to study an Apprenticeship with NSCG.
Enrolling on an Apprenticeship with one of our hundreds of partner employers means you can learn vital practical skills in a hands-on-environment. An Apprenticeship is a great way to start work while getting the training and qualifications you need to succeed in your chosen career.
Learners and Apprentices develop consistently high-level practical and technical skills at college, during competitions and during their work experience.
Meet our Apprenticeship Hub team
Jack: The Apprenticeship Hub Co-ordindator
Hayley: The Apprenticeship Hub Recruitment Specialist
Natalie: The Apprenticeship Hub Administrator
The Apprenticeship Hub
Working with over 850 employers across Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire, with key employers such as Michelin, ABB, Siemens, National Health Service (NHS), the Apprenticeship Hub is a free service where you can find an apprenticeship and get advice on all aspects of employment, including writing a CV, interview preparation tips and how to find the right Apprenticeship for you.
If you are offered a place on an Apprenticeship, we will work with you to help you find a placement with a local employer.
- We will put your name forward to employers we are in contact with, or who contact us;
- We will give you information and advice about how to approach employers for yourself;
- We may invite you to special events to meet suitable employers;
- We will contact and make all necessary arrangements with any employer you know who wishes to offer you an Apprenticeship – just let us know their name and contact details;
- We may offer you a place on a 'programme led Apprenticeship' if you do not find an employer before the college training starts.
Once we have found a suitable match, you’ll attend a job interview and if successful you'll start a work trial for a few weeks. You'll be assessed at the end of your trial and your Apprenticeship will begin. We have a dedicated team of assessors who visit you regularly in the workplace and ensure that you are on the right track to achieve your chosen Apprenticeship programme.
For our latest vacancies click here or for further information and support speak to us via the chat function on this page or alternatively you can email us any time at email@example.com
- EARN IT. You will receive a real wage. Average salaries of around £200 per week.
- LIVE IT. You will gain practical skills and receive a nationally recognised qualification at the end of it. The Apprenticeship Hub team will support you along the way and work with you and your employer to make your apprenticeship a success; helping you to achieve a great work-life balance.
- WORK IT! We offer an extensive Apprenticeship programme and there is bound to be the perfect one for you. Apprenticeships are available from a Level 2 (Intermediate) and in some areas up to Level 7 (Higher). The time taken to achieve this will vary depending on each Apprenticeship/level and our support team are happy to guide you through each level. Here at NSCG, you are guaranteed an Ofsted Outstanding learning experience with as much support as you need.
Hit play to watch our latest Apprenticeships video.
NEW STARTERS FACEBOOK GROUP
Take some time to get to know us really well. You will find our latest news, events and updates by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you are on Facebook please be sure to join our new Facebook groups ‘NSCG Newcastle College Starters 2022’ where you can virtually join a community of learners who will also be joining NSCG in September, some of whom may be on the same course as you.
Get in touch
Got a question about your Apprenticeship? Ask your question below and we'll respond to you shortly.
Meet Ali, who is currently completing an Apprenticeship as a Commis Chef Apprentice at Aston Marina, Stone.
1 / 6
Vinchenzo & Aimee
Hear from Vinchenzo & Aimee, who are completing their Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship at MOOG Aircraft Group, Wolverhampton.
2 / 6
Meet Electrical Apprentice, Shane, who is completing his Apprenticeship at Housing Plus Group.
3 / 6
Tom is currently completing his Apprenticeship in Plant Maintenance at Traction Equipment Ltd., Stafford.
4 / 6
Apprenticeships: NHS Trust
University Hospitals of North Midlands knows that investing in and developing staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that they deliver. Working with NSCG they have developed and delivered programmes in healthcare, engineering and business.
5 / 6
Each year apprentices from NSCG are celebrated with their very own Apprenticeship Graduation ceremony that takes place at the Stafford County Showground.
6 / 6